IVCA model documents were launched at the IVCA Conclave on July 15, 2013, with the key objectives being:
- Endeavour to establish industry norms.
- Bring uniformity and consistency to transaction documents.
- Introduce various stakeholders (especially entrepreneurs) to standard deal terms.
- Enhance efficiencies on transaction timelines and reduce transaction costs.
The draft model term sheets package comprises of:
- Draft Model Term Sheet (Equity Shares)
- Draft Model Term Sheet (Preference Shares)
- Draft Model Term Sheet (Compulsorily Convertible Debentures)
The IVCA would like to thank the contributing members, without whose dedicated efforts and stewardship this would not have been possible. The group comprised:
- Mr. KarthikMahalingam (Director-Legal, Omidyar Network)
- Mr. ArunMadhu (General Counsel, Nexus Venture Partners)
- Ms. Shruti Mehta (VP-Legal, GE Capital India)
- Mr. MrinalChandran (VP, Clearwater Capital)
- Ms. Amrita Barthakur (General Counsel, Saama Capital)
- Ms. Ruchi Deepak (Legal Counsel, Matrix India Asset Advisors)
The views expressed in the model documents are personal and do not reflect the views of their respective organizations.
DISCLAIMER: EACH DOCUMENT IS INTENDED TO SERVE AS A STARTING POINT ONLY, AND SHOULD BE TAILORED TO MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS. THE DOCUMENTS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE FOR ANY PARTICULAR FACTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES.