- The Council will identify impediments if any which inhibit the growth of the asset class;
- Help bring about the needed reforms in credit, special situations and distressed asset space in India
- Provide guidance for the preparation of representations or reports as may be considered necessary by the Council
- Organise meetings, including meetings with regulators, and events to promote the asset class
- Chair: S Sriniwasan, Managing Director, Kotak Alternate Assets
- Co-Chair: Venkat Ramaswamy, Vice Chairman, Edelweiss Financial Services
- Co-Chair: Ajay Hattangdi, Managing Partner, Alteria Capital
- Amit Agarwal, Head – Stressed Assets Strategy Edelweiss Capital
- Haigreve Khaitan, Partner, Khaitan & Co.
- KI Mani, Strategic Advisor, TVS Capital
- Rahul Khanna, Managing Partner, Trifecta Capital
- Siddharth Shah, Senior Partner, Khaitan & Co.
- Subramaniam Krishnan, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP